The Height of the Matter Is...

Posted by spriglet On Sunday 17 July 2011 17:06
As a 5'10 singleton in London, I've got my work cut out for me when it comes to meeting a man. Well, not men in general obviously, just ones I'd like to date. London is notoriously a difficult place to find love anyway because we're all far too busy running around working stupid hours, commuting on sweaty trains (so sexy, we Londoners) and then moaning about both over much-needed but massively overpriced cocktails (while checking our BlackBerries).

Add on top of that that I can see over the top of most men's heads, and it's near impossible to find someone to date in this silly city of suits. Or even just to find a guy to talk to without being able to check out their bald patches as they speak to my chest. 

On the rare occasion that a man attempts to chat me up, the first deal breaker (or of course maker) is height. If he's not taller than me - even by a couple of millimetres, I'm not asking for a giant here - then it's an instant no (in my head - out loud I am far more polite, honest). 

A few friends have given me a disapproving lecture for my slightly heightist ways, but given that they are all 5'6 or under and petite size eights (aka pint sized), they really have no idea. And given that they have all said they 'think it's great to be tall, but wouldn't want to be tall', they probably shouldn't be judging.

I'm not saying short men aren't datable - after all, to a shorter girl, a short man is tall, right? They're just not for me. I don't want to feel 'big', in any sense of the word - around the man I fancy I want to feel cute and feminine and like I can depend on him to give me a decent hug, not to be an armrest. I think that's fair...

What are your dating deal breakers and makers, or aren't you fussy? (I mean that in a nice way).

2 Response to " The Height of the Matter Is... "

  1. I didn't realise you were that tall! Had always pictured you in my head as being of average or "petite" height. I'm going to be one of those annoying short people who says they'd love to be your height. Err... supermodels are 5'10"!

    I'm short (5'1") but could never find a short guy attractive... they'd have to be at least *average*.

     

  2. Haha, sadly I am! It's nice to hear that though... no one usually wants to be!

    Glad it's not just me on the height issue, I was worried I'd get 'you're so shallow' comments!

     

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails